POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Q: explode.inc from Chris Colefax : Re: explode.inc from Chris Colefax Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: explode.inc from Chris Colefax
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:13:24
Message: <48579c54$1@news.povray.org>
"Reinhard" <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I try to this include file to explode the following object.
> But at the time the explosion shall begin the object is invisible.
> Does anyone know if there is any restriction to use this include file?
>
> And can anyone give me a solution how I can solve the problem?
> If you need more information please write.
>
> Thank you,
> Reinhard
>
> <code>
> #declare DyingstarObject=sphere { <0,0,0>, 1

Looking at the macro you'd need to assign your object to the identifier
called 'explode_object' before including the #include file. I don't know if
you do that elsewhere in your scene, but, if this is the problem you should
see a warning in the message stream and to fix it you can just add the line:
 #declare explode_object = object {DyingstarObject}
before the #include.

Most of the really obvious problems like the camera not pointing in the
right direction, there being no light in the scene etc. you should be able
to test by adding the line
  object {DyingstarObject}
to your scene instead of the include file. If you still can't see the object
then it's a problem caused by something other than the include file.

Another possibility that springs to mind is that something is placing itself
between the camera and the visible objects in the scene. For example, if the
camera is very close to the exploding object or inside it and a fragment
happens to shield the camera at the start of the explosion.

Chris B.