POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: scott
Date: 17 Jun 2008 05:28:33
Message: <485783c1@news.povray.org>
>> http://www.greatwallofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/gt5-prologue-5.jpg
>
> Now that's a little more like it. That actually looks good.
>
> In fact, I'd go as far as to say this is the first scanline-rendered image
> I've seen that manages to make crude polygon tesselations and deceptive
> illumination trickery look like real curves.

Looking at it closer, the while line painted on the edge of the road is not
very curvey.

> [Unrelated, but... TF2 somehow manages to achieve motion blur. On a
> standard 3D card. I'm not really sure how that's physically possible...]

Why not?  Motion blur is not impossible to do on a 3D card - there's even a
demo sample in the DirectX SDK showing you how to do it.

Where were you looking?  I typed "hdmi cable" into amazon and this one is
only 51p!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Install-GOLD-Plated-Cable/dp/B0014WH8EY

There are lots around 10 pounds if you want to spend a bit more.