POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jun 2008 04:02:00
Message: <48576f78$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I had a go at playing something called "call of duty 4" on my sister's
>> PS3. [Yes, I know. I still find it hard to believe a real person
>> somewhere actually owns one.]
>
> "Europe PS3 sales 'overtake 360'"

Yeah. Obviously *somebody* must buy these things. It just seems weird
meeting somebody who actually owns one. In real life.

> http://www.greatwallofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/gt5-prologue-5.jpg

Now that's a little more like it. That actually looks good.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say this is the first scanline-rendered
image I've seen that manages to make crude polygon tesselations and
deceptive illumination trickery look like real curves.

I see what you mean about the blur though...

[Unrelated, but... TF2 somehow manages to achieve motion blur. On a
standard 3D card. I'm not really sure how that's physically possible...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/