POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: scott
Date: 17 Jun 2008 03:18:58
Message: <48576562$1@news.povray.org>
> You now have fingerprints all over your viewing area. Good luck cleaning
> skin oil off a plastic display. ;-)
>
> You get no tactile feedback from the "keyboard".

Previously Nokia and still today many car manufacturers rejected the
touchscreen keyboard approach for those very two reasons.

> As a matter of fact, my sat nav device uses a similar on-screen keyboard.
> While it's a little slow to operate, it's not *too* bad... The key [pun!]
> is to make the keys big enough to hit reliably. Not all products manage
> this.

It's not just getting the tactile feedback of having pressed a button, but
getting the tactile feedback that you are over a button before you press.
Try pressing those buttons on your satnav screen while driving fast on the
motorway - then try controlling your radio while driving using real
buttons - which is easier/safer?