POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 16 Jun 2008 16:16:16
Message: <4856ca10@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Actually it does have one button. But that's about the only button it has.

Power button? I was actually wondering this, but I though Apple would
make it "hip" to lack one :p.

>   IMO the iPhone is rather innovative. Before the iPhone you had basically
> just two options for smartphones: Either ones with the standard phone

Yes, it is. It still is lacking some features, though, but it really is
something different than anything before it.

For me the worst part would be the marriage it has for one operator. I
do use Sonera's network here in Finland (it's the only one to provide
enough access for me), but I still don't want a phone that can't operate
on some other network. The other ones would be the complete lack of
keyboard (yes, I like the 12-button one, and that's just my opinion) and
the fact that it's a smartphone (it has a lot of features, being also a
pda and still being PITA while lacking configurability and some
options). Not that I'd want a S60 -phone any more than iPhone, they are
one arses to use, if you ask me. OTOH I might be forced to change
sometime soon, since my 6310i is wearing out, even though it ain't even
5 years old yet.

>   People often have prejudices against the touch screen in the iPhone,
> but that's because they have never tried it.

To be honest, that would be the first touchscreen ever that would be
daily-usable in something as intensive as telephone I've ever touched.
It doesn't mean it's impossible - it just means I'm very, *very*
skeptical about a touchscreen.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net