POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 16 Jun 2008 15:34:13
Message: <4856c035$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Ah. I was wondering why everybody is so excited about the iPhone. (Is it
> because it has an "i" in the name? I'm still waiting for Apple's
> intelligent vacuum cleaner, the "iSuck". :-P )

It's a incredible product from Apple - afaik it doesn't have even the
one button Apple is famous of! And still it's a telephone, beat that if
you can.

> As for the Wii... Apart from the obviously ridiculous name, I think it's
> an "interesting" concept.

I honestly want one, just haven't had the cash on me while surfing the
shops. But before x-mas I believe I'll own one. It's one of the rare
changes to get me intresting in something even remotely sporty.

> But when I tried to play with my sister's
> boyfriend's Wii [do NOT say this out loud in public!] it just made my
> arm hurt [do NOT include this part in public either!!]

You know... It already is printed in the internet?
http://news.povray.org/povray.off-topic/message/%3C4856bb5f%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C4856bb5f%40news.povray.org%3E

> Seriously - the centrifugal forces just make the veins in my hand
> overpressure. And my wrist hurt.

It'll pass.

> I wonder... surely there have been some pretty serious injuries /
> property damage due to the Wii, no?

Yes. That's why they added the wristband.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net