POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That muscle : Re: That muscle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That muscle
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 16 Jun 2008 01:13:49
Message: <4855f68d$1@news.povray.org>
>> 2. How can a random chemical cause muscle injury?
>
> I don't know about that, but it causes brain damage by interfering with
> the passage of amino acids into your brain. Basically, there are so or so
> amino acids, and the capillaries in your brain pass the amount of each
> your brain needs. But nutrasweet turns into just one of those when it
> crosses the brain/blood barrier, and your brain guesses it has enough
> amino acids by just counting a few of them. Sadly, one of the ones it
> counts is the one nutrasweet turns into. So your brain thinks it's getting
> a balanced diet when it isn't, essentially.

I'm not a doctor, but the way I understand it is it blocks
the uptake of some essential nutrient to nerve bundles.
If you have minor (normally symptomless) tightening
of the Carpal ligament (from lifting too heavy of things)
that can pinch the nerves a little bit, then the combination
of Nutra-Sweet chemical blocking, and poor circulation
to the nerves can cause them to ache.

In my case when I stopped consuming Diet sodas that
had Nutra-Sweet in them I felt better... when I got
lazy about avoiding them and had a few drinks that had
Nutra-Sweet the symptoms came back for a few days.