POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Mencoder question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mencoder question
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jun 2008 16:52:53
Message: <48558125@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> In other words, hey, the guy who wrote it knows how to use it... :-)

It always surprises me when a big well-known "jewl" of the open source
scene has really poor documentation. You'd think something that popular
would be well-documented...

It seems to be kinda pot luck though. Some open source still *is*
fabulously documented. [The GIMP, MySQL, PostgreSQL off the top of my
head.] And some things are shockingly UNdocumented. [I wouldn't say that
Mencoder is *that* bad, but it could be much better.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/