POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Making first animation : Re: Making first animation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making first animation
From: Alain
Date: 14 Jun 2008 13:39:24
Message: <4854024c$1@news.povray.org>
hager4 nous illumina en ce 2008-06-12 09:08 -->
> Hi. I am new to POV-Ray. I am trying to make my first animation. I have looked
> up documentation and have gone throught the help topics. I just cant seem to
> get it to work. I am using MLCad to render legos. I can render 1 image. But I
> cant figure out how to create/edit ini files or command line instructions. Is
> there a pecial place I need to keep these files? Where in the pov file do i
> need to add time code and such. How do I edit it. Is there a place where I can
> find all this information in one place? I know once I get the first animation
> done that I'll be on my way. I justwould atleast like to see it produce
> multiple renderings. Then I will need to know how to rotate or move something
> over time in my animation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

If you are using the windows version, there is a "command line" box just next to
the resolutions drop-list. Just add "+kffn" where "n" is the number of frames
that you want. If you want a looped animation, you should add "+kc" in the same
location.
Both can also be placed in an ini file.
If you have an ini file associated with your scene file, it should reside in the
same folder, and have the same name exept for the extention: Myscene.pov and
Myscene.ini.

--
Alain
I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we