POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ACID databases : Re: ACID databases Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ACID databases
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 14 Jun 2008 13:27:19
Message: <4853ff77@news.povray.org>
> On the other hand, if Google's entire database vanished... would they
> care? I mean, in a day or two they can re-index all the pages and
> they'll have their data back. They won't have all the old cached data,
> but it's not exactly catastrophic.

They'd care. They'd loose all the accumulated search history of everyone who
uses google (or at least the aggregated values), all their advertisement
records, all their page ranks (could be recalculated, but...)

There's a lot, lot more to google than just a large store of web pages and a
fast index. Have you looked at their webmaster tools?
I can get from google a history of searches that returned my site.