POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ACID databases : Re: ACID databases Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:47:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ACID databases
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 14 Jun 2008 12:37:03
Message: <4853f3af@news.povray.org>
news:4853ee39$1@news.povray.org...

> > It just cracks me up that nobody is willing to say "Yes, we don't have
> > ACID, and that's a *good* thing sometimes."
>
> Yes, because everybody loves having the ability to make things
> unreliable and unpredictable...?

Not implementing parts of ACID doesn't make something random. There are
times and places where having all of the ACID properties is essential and
there are times when they're not necessary.

I'd be willing to bet more than half of the people who go on about whether
something is ACID don't fully understand what those 4 properties mean.