POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How well do you know the world? : Re: How well do you know the world? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How well do you know the world?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Jun 2008 07:05:55
Message: <4853a613$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> A quiz game that tests your knowledge of cities and places across the world.
>
> http://minijuegos.com/juegos/html/index.php?id=5974

Well... I know nothing about anything, so...

Actually, this game is kinda random. There are entire countries in
Europe which are too tiny to see on this map.

If it asks, say, "where is the capital of Spain?", all you really gotta
do is click on Spain and you can't possibly be too far wrong. On the
other hand, "Russia" is about 70% of the land surface of Eath [and looks
even bigger in this particular projection], so good luck with that one!

Similarly, if it asks you for... oh... *any* place in England, just
click on England. The cursor is bigger than the whole damn country, so
there's not much possibility of aiming.

Would be nice if you could zoom in and out - and the time limits were
make looser accordingly. I think it would also be useful if you at least
got points for being on the correct size of a national border [since
they're marked on the map] and lost points for being on the wrong side
of it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/