POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Write my own review - WTF?!? : Re: Write my own review - WTF?!? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Write my own review - WTF?!?
From: Tom Austin
Date: 12 Jun 2008 09:33:27
Message: <485125a7$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> This is a bit of a rant, but I think I have good reason.
>
> I've been working for my company for almost 20 years.  My manager has not given me a
formal evaluation in seven years, even though I get an "I'm working on it" every year
when I ask about it.

> Last week, I reminded him of my review date passing yet again this year, and I
received a reply from him that states that I need to write my own review.  Note that
this is not a self-evaluation for
> comparison against my formal review that he will write.  He wants me to write my
formal evaluation and he will then modify/append to it.  Ok, WTF?!?

> Now I received another message from him that states that my review is due to him
before the end of June.  So, basically he is seven years late and now wants me to have
it done for him in a couple of
> weeks.
>
> Would I be wrong in telling him to shove it?  I'm becoming quite pissed about this
whole situation.

Welcome to my world....
At least I never was asked to write my own review like this.

Take it as an opportunity to put all of your achievements in writing in
front of him.  For good measure you do need to list some shortcomings so
that it will be taken seriously.

While you can't be stupid in putting it together, you can turn this
around to be something that might get you more on the good with the manager.

Best luck

Tom