POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microphones : Re: Microphones Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microphones
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Jun 2008 06:20:05
Message: <4850f855@news.povray.org>
>> OK, so here's an irritating problem...
>>
> Maybe this microphone is an electret one and need to be powered (whitch your
> motherboard microphone input does but not your additionnal soundcard)
> Maybe you need to switch something like 'plugin power' somewhere (either
> hardware or software switch).

Actually I'm pretty sure my PC microphone is a crystal mic...

[The microphone that works is marked as "dynamic", whatever that means.]

I had a go with my dad's test meter. At 0 Hz, the working mic has a
resistence of about 600 Ω, whereas the non-working one is about 1.2 kΩ.
I don't know whether that has anything to do with anything. [I don't
have the specifications for my outboard sound card to hand...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/