POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fake, coincidence, or really scary! : Re: Really scary Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really scary
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jun 2008 14:53:10
Message: <484d7c16$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:21:34 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:28:48 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>> > http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=13755
>
>   Scam or safety mesure? Who knows?

The truth probably falls somewhere in the middle.

>> The scam part of it is that the cell phone companies want you to
>> "upgrade" a perfectly serviceable phone if the battery gets wet.
>
>   Scam or incompetence? Or maybe opportunistic behavior (abusing a
> perfectly legit safety measure to earn some buck)?

Again, probably somewhere in the middle, though I'm sure Verizon doesn't
like having to continue to accept the terms of that old agreement - but
there wasn't a term on it (ie, a duration it was good for), so they're
still honoring it even though they don't want to.

Jim