POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blender : Re: blender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2008 08:04:20
Message: <484d1c44$1@news.povray.org>
"kike" <dry### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> Thanks all for your opinions, very usefull!!!
>
> The thing is that I have arrived to Blender for several reasons. One is
> that it
> is free (I cant afford 3ds) but the main reason is that it is supposed to
> do
> things I can not do with Pov, Wings of Moray.
>
> It is driving me crazy to learn how to do with Blender the things I know
> how to
> do with those programs. I'm trying to do just simple things, texturing,
> lightning and so on and for the moment it is quite difficult to get
> similar
> results. I dont understand yafray either HOLY SHI..!!!
>
> My aim is to animate a human-like guy and I wanted to learn to use things
> like
> armatures (skeletons) and as far as I know that is nearly impossible with
> the
> tools I know how to use.
>
> So I have set myself a rule. Forget about Pov for a few months, try to
> reset my
> brain and learn to use Blender. I know its going to be a nightmare, but I
> want
> at least to try...
>
> If I succeed I'm going to write a tutorial of Blender focused in people
> who
> comes from pov, a kind of logbook!!!
>
> Thanks!!!

Just for the record, and because I am a very enthousiastic user, you may
consider Silo. http://nevercenter.com/
It is very powerful, very easy to use, and very affordable in terms of
price. It does not provide skeletons at this stage, but if I remember
correctly that is something coming along.

Thomas