POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray lighting model vs Rayshade : Re: POV-Ray lighting model vs Rayshade Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray lighting model vs Rayshade
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jun 2008 06:44:23
Message: <484bb807@news.povray.org>
Grim Reaper <sup### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The following for example doesn't work as expected.

  Actually it does work as expected. If the surface is pure red, it does
not reflect anything than red light. It will not reflect blue light. Thus
it will not reflect blue ambient light either.

  POV-Ray was designed from the very start to emulate classical lighting
principles such as this one (although, admittedly, you can still achieve
physically incorrect results, such as an object reflecing *more* light
than it's receiving).

  I'm not saying that's a good (or a bad) thing. I'm just stating a fact.

--
                                                          - Warp