POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow... how quaint : Re: Wow... how quaint Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow... how quaint
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jun 2008 12:32:35
Message: <484966a3$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> [Why would you want several windows in
> an OS that doesn't support multitasking?]

Win3.1 would run several programs at once. Just not preemptively. But
unless something went wrong, you didn't really notice it.

Note that at the same time, the Mac could have several windows open, but
only one program at a time, so all the windows had to come from the same
program.  What??

I went and bought an Amiga, myself. ;-)

> Ooo, ooo, remember TSRs? Remember spending hours editing C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
> and C:\CONFIG.SYS to try all permutations of driver loading order
> looking for one that actually functioned?

Yeah. It was sooo nice when you actually got printer drivers with the
OS, instead of six floppies of printer drivers coming with each
application.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"