POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow... how quaint : Re: Wow... how quaint Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow... how quaint
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Jun 2008 11:59:07
Message: <48495ecb$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:16:03 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Most systems that I have seen either charge you X per minute you're
> online, X per unit of data downloaded/uploaded, or X per month. AOL are
> charging you X per month + Y per minute + BT are charging you Z per
> minute as well.
>
> No number they're No.1? :-/

I use Earthlink here in the US.  They're arguably one of the largest ISPs
here.  Flat rate ($50/month), no bandwidth caps, always-on connection.

Flat rate is more common here in the US, though Comcast has been toying
with tiered access based on bandwidth utilization and throttling (that's
been in El Reg a few times over the last several months).

There's a reason I don't use Comcast.

Jim