POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imprisoned Oak : Re: Imprisoned Oak Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imprisoned Oak
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Jun 2008 11:53:41
Message: <48495d85$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well they recon Oaks live up to 600 years or more... On the other hand,
>> being "indoors" is not a natural condition for such an organism. (!)
>
> It's not entirely indoors, though - the sky looks pretty apparent in the
> photo....?

Sure. There's sky above it. It's just that it's otherwise surrounded by
marble. And except when the Sun is exactly overhead, little sunlight
shines directly onto it. (Though obviously the near-white marble
reflects quite a bit...) I'd hazard that it probably doesn't get much
water either, since most of the ground is under marble.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/