POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imprisoned Oak : Re: Imprisoned Oak Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imprisoned Oak
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Jun 2008 11:10:50
Message: <4849537a$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> At a guess that's in Milton Keynes(?)

Yes. It's in [wait for it!] Oak Walk [rimshot!]

Basically they took a 150 year old Oak and encased it in a cement and
marble enclosure. It's really quite surreal...

> Knowing the resilience of oaks I'd say that example will outlast the
> buildings surrounding it by at least 300 years

Well they recon Oaks live up to 600 years or more... On the other hand,
being "indoors" is not a natural condition for such an organism. (!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/