POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow... how quaint : Re: Wow... how quaint Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow... how quaint
From: John VanSickle
Date: 6 Jun 2008 07:28:31
Message: <48491f5f@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> But The Real WTF(tm) is
> - ...my company USED THIS PRODUCT for 5 years???
>
> As in, my company used a RESIDENTIAL INTERNET ACCESS PACKAGE to present
> their corporate presence to the Internet? o_O

I would venture to say that they probably didn't know if the Internet
was going to be important or not, and went with the cheapest hook-up
available.  While it may seem stupid for someone in a Western business
concern not to have known, in 1998, that the Internet was definitely
going to be important, any observer of the American automobile industry
will aver that management can be guilty of graver stupidities than that.

Regards,
John