POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shiny! : Re: Shiny! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shiny!
From: m a r c
Date: 5 Jun 2008 08:19:32
Message: <4847d9d4@news.povray.org>

4847cbc6$1@news.povray.org...
> m_a_r_c wrote:
>
>> Must we understand that you drop your choppen chicken in a COLD frying
>> pan?
>
> For the purposes of Science, you understand. ;-)
Oh well You're forgiven, then :-)
You can't expect Maillard's reactions with meat bathing in it's own juice :
Maillard reactions don't like moisture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maillard_reaction
That's why chiefs get food browned before proceeding to deglazing and obtain
an excellent 'jus'.

BTW I think you'd get hotter pan cooking 'plateau' temperature by dropping
the meat in yet hot pan because less water would be boiling at a time.

Marc