POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Moon thought fuel : Re: New Moon thought fuel Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Moon thought fuel
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jun 2008 21:07:26
Message: <48473c4e$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> Why should there even be a legal definition of "black" in this day and age?

I don't believe there is. But "this day and age" is surprisingly recent
in the USA.

I'm not sure why everyone would be required to ask your race, either, if
the reason they're asking is they're not allowed to make any decisions
based on it (such as employers).  Even to the point that if you refuse
to say, the employer is required to look at you and guess your "race".

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"