POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Randomly-generated "Finnish" text : Re: Randomly-generated "Finnish" text Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Randomly-generated "Finnish" text
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 4 Jun 2008 18:22:29
Message: <484715a5$1@news.povray.org>
news:4846ff28$1@news.povray.org...
> http://blog.plover.com/lang/finnpar.html
>
> I've never actually seen any text written in Finnish, so... does this look
> even remotely plausible?

Looks reasonable to me, producing some random words
from a phoneme distribution is one of the first programming
things I ever did, only got as far as guessing at the bigraph
distributions, but there were real english words coming up
in the lists. The trigraph statistics can be reduced in storage
size by not covering the impossible combinations...