POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable : Re: Quotable Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotable
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jun 2008 11:25:10
Message: <4846b3d6$1@news.povray.org>
Hmmm... No new posts on this thread from folks who were doing several
posts a day for the last few days.  This seems to happen a lot, without
any real closure.  I'm just curious, now.

1) I argue/discuss/debate in a way that pisses people off enough that
they stop in disgust.

2) I seem too dense to consider what others have said, but it's not
worth saying "I don't think we'll come to an agreement, so I'm stopping."

3) I explained sufficiently clearly to change your mind (for arbitrary
values of "you"*), but you're either embarrassed or don't think it's
worth mentioning "yes, that makes sense, we're done."

4) You explained enough and you think I'm just arguing because I refuse
to admit I'm wrong?

5) You (for some "you") got tired of talking about it and just didn't
bother to say "I'm tired of talking about it."

6) You (for some "you") got busy and didn't take the time to say "too
busy to finish talking about this."

I'm curious why many of these discussions which seem to me lively and
interesting also seem to just ... stop without coming to any sort of
explicit closure.

[*] By which I mean, not specifically the people on this thread, but
often times on this server.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"