POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When are they going to realise.. : Re: When are they going to realise.. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When are they going to realise..
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Jun 2008 07:08:34
Message: <484677b2@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Doctor John" <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>
>>Gail Shaw wrote:
>>
>>>Never? Have you ever had the pleasure of a chat with the Border
>
> Protection
>
>>>people at a US airport?
>>
>>Yup. Several times and don't ask ...
>

> Twice for me. I found the guys in Seattle OK, and even willing to joke a
> bit. The 'person' in Denver on the other hand...
> Let's just say I don't like interregations at (for me) 2am after I've been
> travelling for 28 hours
>

>>You'll have to offer me serious money to get me to visit again
>

> There's a conference I would like to attend in Seattle in November. At least
> it's before the registration becomes compulsary.
>
> Hmmm. Anyone know what the Canadian border's like on that side of the
> continent?

Recently when RETURNING to Canada, (that would be the country of my
citizenship,) from the US, I had to endure a close screening by a crew
of smarmy homeland security agents.  My mistake was that I was riding on
a bus rather than in a car.  Now, while I consider it invasive, I can
understand that these freaks feel the need to monitor who is crossing
the border in either direction.  But the complexion of the 'interview'
was that I somehow had to meet the approval of these American agents,
before I would be allowed to return to my own country.