POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blender : Re: blender Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender
From: stbenge
Date: 3 Jun 2008 20:06:05
Message: <4845dc6d@news.povray.org>
kike wrote:
> Hi!!!
>
> I'm trying to learn how to use blender... I have used Moray, Wings, Pov (of
> course), even 3ds for a while... and my first impression is that it is not easy
> to use... at first the interface is a bit confusing...

kike,

Asking questions about Blender here won't get you very far, unless you
want to know about converting to POV-Ray. Grab PoseRay if you haven't
already:

http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

In Blender, export your file as *.3ds, load it into PoseRay and export
to POV. Easy peasy!

One thing to keep in mind when learning how to use Blender, is that many
of the commands can (and must) be accessed through keystrokes. Learn the
keystrokes, and you'll find it's a very useful program. Here's a hint:
try pressing CTRL and/or SHIFT and/or ALT while moving the middle mouse
wheel in 3d mode. You can navigate the scene more easily this way.

Good luck!

Sam