POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When are they going to realise.. : Re: When are they going to realise.. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When are they going to realise..
From: Warp
Date: 3 Jun 2008 14:52:32
Message: <484592f0@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ...That this is not a good way to win friends and influence people?

  Call me nationalistic or whatever you want, but IMO the main
responsibility of a government is to protect its own people. The
intricacies of foreign relationships is always second to that (at
least when it doesn't directly affect the first responsibility).

  Europe has dug somewhat of a hole for itself with its generally
lenient immigration policy, and some people, such as the US, are
wary of that.

  I think it's rather telling that the people who performed the London
bombings were not foreign terrorists who had entered the country
illegally. They were British citizens. I believe that has had at least
some effect on the foreign policies of the US with respect to Europe.
(That is, it's no longer just "ah, an European citizen, thus not a
terrorist, welcome" as it may have been in the past, because nowadays
even European citizens can be muslim radical terrorists thanks to these
immigration policies.)

--
                                                          - Warp