POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable : Re: Quotable Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotable
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jun 2008 20:50:01
Message: <48449539@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Are you sure Lorentz contraction is enough to "fix" the regular
> newtonian gravitation calculations using forces? Gravity wells mess
> up with time as well.

It was an analogy. Don't push it too far.

>> Note that a single electron does *not* interfere with itself in the same
>> way a wave does. If it did, it would cancel itself out sometimes, and
>> that doesn't happen.
>
>   Two waves with the same frequency interfering each other don't
> necessarily cancel each other at any moment.

No matter how you arrange it, the number of electrons matches up, even
if there are places where no measurable number of electrons get found.

>   Besides, what would "cancelling itself" mean with an electron?

I don't know. You're the one saying the electron interferes with
*itself*. In spite of the fact that it never seems to interfere with
itself to zero.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"