POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable : Re: Quotable Server Time
8 Sep 2024 07:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotable
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jun 2008 17:53:47
Message: <48446beb@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Nope. Electric charge, yes, but not mass. Photons will have mass
>> proportional to their frequency, and frequency isn't apparently
>> quantified.
>
>     Define mass.

E=mc^2?  Isn't mass measured in electron-volts?

Why? What's your point?  (This isn't sarcastic. I don't know enough to
know why someone who knows more would point out that I didn't define
mass, or that my naive understanding of it isn't correct.)

Maybe mass is quantified at the quantum level, since mass seems to be
related to gravity (as in, inertial mass seems to always equal
gravitational mass) and gravity hasn't found a quantum theory yet, sure.

But frequency isn't "and everything is an integer multiple of that
amount" kind of thing, as far as I know, right?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"