POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Beziers/Quadratics and Cubics splines : Re: Beziers/Quadratics and Cubics splines Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:04:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beziers/Quadratics and Cubics splines
From: Blue Herring
Date: 2 Jun 2008 12:06:22
Message: <48441a7e$1@news.povray.org>
Woody wrote:
> That's the best way in my opinion since I'm bit of povray purist. It would be
> nice if beziers were included as options in features where they are not
> currently available (such as spherical sweeps), since beziers and linear
> splines are alot easier to visualize (in my insignifigant opinion for what
> little change that is worth). And since beziers require a lot less points than
> a linear spline that looks otherwise identical, it seems to make sense.
>
> Any chance of these getting into future POV Ray versions?

I'm not privy to why they aren't built into POV-Ray, but I have just
recently put together a macro that creates a sphere sweep-like object
along a bezier spline (including interpolation of radii).  I was
planning on putting it up in the object collection with a set of macros
sometime, but I can post it by itself sooner if there's any interest.

I've also been pondering how best to create a standalone spline-like
macro using the same method.

--
-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring