POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable : Re: Quotable Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotable
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 May 2008 13:57:02
Message: <48403fee$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"
>     -- Larry Niven's corollary to Clarke's Third Law.

How true it is... ;-)

[...for example, I am speakin to a person I've never met, who is
currently in a country I've never visited. Cavemen would be astounded!]

In our lab, some joker put the following on the wall:

"Statinger's Law: It works better if you plug it in."
"Horner's Five Thumb Postulate: Experience varies directly with
equipment ruined."
"Snells Rule: Whatever we did, that was what we planned to do."

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/