POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable : Re: Quotable Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotable
From: Invisible
Date: 30 May 2008 09:24:02
Message: <483ffff2@news.povray.org>
>> "Real-world problems are simply degenerate cases of pure mathematical
>> problems."
>
> Obviously not an engineer. :)

"Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer, and that means I solve problems. Not
problems like 'what is beauty?' - because that would fall within the
preview of your connundrums of philosphy. I solve PRACTICAL problems.
For example: How am I gonna stop some big bean mutha hubba from tearing
me a new, structurally superflous behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if
they don't work: Use MORE gun. Like this little old tripod-mounted
number right here, designed... by ME... built... by ME... and you'd
better HOPE....... NOT POINTED AT YOU!"

[Not that I've watched the trailer obsessively and memorised every line
of it or ANYTHING like that, you understnad.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/