POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is there such a thing as a famous Mandelbrot texture? : Re: Is there such a thing as a famous Mandelbrot texture? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there such a thing as a famous Mandelbrot texture?
From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2008 05:45:57
Message: <483e7b55@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithycom> wrote:
> This may seem arrogant, but when I first saw this youtube mandelbrot fractal
> zoom, the texture was so familiar to me that I assumed for a moment it must
> have been something I'd released for povray.

  You'd have hard time creating that animation with POV-Ray (at least without
using external programs or external precalculated image maps). That's because
in that animation the color rings of the different iterations have been
interpolated, creating smooth color gradients. POV-Ray cannot do this.

  Some fractal programs, such as xaos, support that, and that animation
may well have been done with it.

--
                                                          - Warp