POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : df3 and color-maps : Re: df3 and color-maps Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 and color-maps
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 28 May 2008 07:31:42
Message: <483d429e$1@news.povray.org>
> Hm, I don't know what's wring in my configuration: All I get is white. Is
> there
> a way I can contact you directley ?

If it's all white the values are probably all large?
You can count the colors in a paint program.
It's important to set the output type to T if you don't
do that the output is 8 bit greyscale despite
asking for hf_gray_16. You can use +ft in the command
line box.

Also this is for 3.6, not for 3.7 beta 26, this feature is under
significant change in beta and is non-functional there ATM.
The intention is to depreciate hf_gray_16 in favor of
+fng or 'Grayscale_Output=true'. (according to Chris Cason)

You can mail me: timothyea *don't spam me* comcast dot net