POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A different measure Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A different measure
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 May 2008 11:59:57
Message: <483c2ffd$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Yeh sounds about right - it was a blizzard so you couldn't see very far,
> but it still didn't stop our taxi driver using the middle lane at 120
> km/h and swerving back and to when approaching cars were also using the
> same lane!

Well yes, some taxi-drivers are crazy around here :(. Luckily even them
pretty well know theier car and how it handles in different weathers.

Sidenote: in blizzard it's hard to see further than the headlights,
since the snow makes a "lightwall" to where the front bumper is, but
you'll get used to it and learn to see through the lightwall.

> I guess it depends how much power your car has and whether you are happy
> to go over the speed while overtaking.

Surely yes. ~250bhp/~350Nm haven't made me to overtake like your taxi
driver :p.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net