POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: scott
Date: 27 May 2008 03:25:18
Message: <483bb75e$1@news.povray.org>
>> In metric it's far easier, you buy a piece of wood that is 1200x600x28,
>
> Right. And why do they sell it at 1200x600, rather than 1000x500? Because
> you can divide it in thirds and quarters. :-)

Maybe.

Actually they had 1000x500 too, and a whole range of other sizes.  I got the
1200x600 because I'm making a stand for my TV and other equipment to go
underneath.  After I worked out the required dimensions it came pretty close
to 1200x600 so I fixed the design to that.  When I got to the shop it was a
coincidence that the exact size was available, I was expecting to have to
ask them to cut it for me.