POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : At least some people don't take crap from the RIAA : Re: At least some people don't take crap from the RIAA Server Time
13 May 2024 23:40:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: At least some people don't take crap from the RIAA
From: Darren New
Date: 26 May 2008 13:12:29
Message: <483aef7d@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> - Not content with that, the lawyer demands RIAA to pay his fees. The judge
>   agrees, and orders the RIAA to pay $300000 to the lawyer. (0wned.)

The part that cracked me up was when the RIAA said "that's way too much
money. We'll give you $3000" or some such, and the judge said "don't you
spend more than that investigating before you sue someone?"  D'oh! Then
he told the RIAA to release their records of how much they pay people to
investigate the infringement before suing. :-)  [I don't remember if
they ever complied with that one or whether they got out of it.]

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"