POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's not a photo... : Re: It's not a photo... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's not a photo...
From: andrel
Date: 24 May 2008 15:31:02
Message: <48386D23.8020304@hotmail.com>
stbenge wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>> stbenge wrote:
>>> I don't get it. To me the image is not exactly photo-realistic. Am I
>>> missing something, or do people commonly refer to CG images as "photos?"
>>
>> Computer-generated images are classed under photography & photographs
>> in the Dewey Decimal system, too.  Considering it falls under that
>> best, vs. drawing, painting, or printmaking, it kinda makes sense.
>
> Do parts of the 'net operate under the DDS? If not, why would my image
> show up as a photograph? Alternately, if my image turned up in a
> library, how did it get there? Hmmm...

What you do if you need a picture of an aqueduct is that you google for
an image with the search term 'aqueduct'. Yours is number ten on the
hitlist and the first that is not one of the big outdoor constructions.
Everything else on the first page is clearly a photograph or a drawing.
So, what would a lazy researcher trigger to investigate the nature of
the image?