POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 24 May 2008 15:03:21
Message: <48386679$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Doors here are, I think, seven feet, so that's even easier. :-)

Yess, the "easy" -part comes from the usage of same units on same-kind
scales in this matter. It's when the measures come overseas - then the
distraction happens.

> And we say "He's five nine", and everyone knows that means "five feet
> nine inches tall".

And by quick thinking I have absolutely no idea if 5'9" is long, normal
or short person.

> I think you, like Warp, are used to much colder weather.

Probably yes ;).

> I want to know
> whether it's t-shirt, long sleeve, or sweater weather. :-)

If it's <0, it's pretty much no-t-shirt -weather ;).

But actually for knowing that you don't want to know the temperature,
you'll want to know the wind index (which is what the air feels like and
is calculated from temperature and wind speed). +15C is warm for
t-shirt, if the sun shines and there's no wind, +20C is freaking cold,
if the sun doesn't shine on you and there's one hell of a wind.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net