POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 24 May 2008 12:35:28
Message: <483843d0@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> I think this is an opinion-question,

Agreed. I'm not trying to get you to agree with my opinion. :-) I'm just
expressing it.

> but IMO cm/m is pretty easy and
> logical measurement for people. 197cm tells you that he's 3cm shorter
> than a normal door, so he won't hit his head.

Doors here are, I think, seven feet, so that's even easier. :-)

And we say "He's five nine", and everyone knows that means "five feet
nine inches tall".

> In below zero (C) temperatures air is dry and most of the normally-wet
> places are freaking slippery. Practically I find it very useful
> information in everyday life (the most important thing about outside
> temparature is that is it + or - in certain times of year).

I think you, like Warp, are used to much colder weather. I want to know
whether it's t-shirt, long sleeve, or sweater weather. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"