POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 24 May 2008 12:33:01
Message: <4838433d@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Resistance to change, that's what it is. ;)

Could be that too, of course. Why learn something new when the old is
just as good (or at least good enough).

Another more-convenient: acres.  About 200 feet on a side, a small house
will have one-eighth acre of land.  A nice 3 bedroom job in an old
spacious neighborhood will have half an acre.  A big mansion will be on
  2 to 5 acres. A family farm would cover 100 to 200 acres, and a family
ranch like 600 to 800 acres.  Just right for a nice range of measurements.

We still do floorplan sizes for houses in square feet, tho, so you wind
up with 900 sq ft being a tiny house, 2000 being a
comfortable-for-Americans size, 8000 being a big mansionish house. I
think square meters would do better there, taking out one of the
"useless" zeros in there.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"