POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's not a photo... : Re: It's not a photo... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's not a photo...
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 24 May 2008 11:41:08
Message: <48383714$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> http://hof.povray.org/indoor_aqueduct.html
>
> I don't get it. To me the image is not exactly photo-realistic. Am I
> missing something, or do people commonly refer to CG images as "photos?"

	At a quick glance, it's not obvious. The first giveaway was some
visible aliasing.

> Should I contact the author or just sit here smiling silently? (BTW, the
> author never contacted me for permission to use the image, but I don't
> really care, I just find this funny)

	Threaten them with a lawsuit for copyright violation unless they stop
referring to it as a photo. Make up a story about how your career in CGI
has been compromised because people think you're cheating by just taking
photos.<G>

--
Did you know that Sweepea, the name of Popeye's adopted baby is actually
"Sweet P", short for "Sweet Potato"?

Yep, when the child grew up, he was often heard to say the following, "I
yam what I yam... I'm a yam."

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl