POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's not a photo... : Re: It's not a photo... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's not a photo...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 May 2008 10:41:41
Message: <48382925$1@news.povray.org>

48378332@news.povray.org...

> I don't get it. To me the image is not exactly photo-realistic. Am I
> missing something, or do people commonly refer to CG images as "photos?"

This sounds strange since 3D CG are everywhere these days, but many people
really don't know at all about rendered computer graphics, even among
professional designers: anything vaguely realistic is a photograph or a
photographic collage made with Photoshop. Either they never heard of CG
technology, or if they did they just assumed that it was some kind of
digital photography, but the concept of 3D modelling and rendering is
completely foreign to them.

In any case I'm glad that picture got noticed (even if they should
definitely have asked for permission). I was in charge of selecting the pics
for the new HOF in 2004 and I went through the p.b.i archives to find your
work.

G.