POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sport at school : Re: Sport at school Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sport at school
From: scott
Date: 23 May 2008 03:16:39
Message: <48366f57$1@news.povray.org>
> We were not talking about highschool but rather in the later stages, think
> grad school, master's degree, engineering school, PhD even...
>
> Is some amount of sport compulsory? Are there restrictions in the choice
> of the activity? How is this evaluated by the school? Do you think it can
> be relevant later when looking for a job?

I went to University in the UK and there was no requirement to do any sport.
In fact, our "Director of Studies" made it very clear to us that we were
there to learn Engineering, if we wanted to become sportspeople we should
leave and go to another University that offers some sort of sport degree.
One guy was actually kicked out because he refused to do less sport (he was
on course to fail, and had been repeatedly warned).

Saying that though, of course we were encouraged to join a few club and
societies (not just sports ones) just to get your mind off work regularly.