POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file : Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file Server Time
5 May 2024 10:56:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 22 May 2008 19:05:39
Message: <4835fc43$1@news.povray.org>
"Allen" <bri### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> "Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote
>> It should also be possible to use one scene as image_map in another
>> scene,
>> but now I think of it, maybe that's *all* you should be able to do.
>> Layering of scene could then be done this way:
>

> MegaPOV has something like that already, a special 'camera_view' pigment
> type
> that can use a camera for a pigment.  I'd love to see camera_view in the
> official POV-Ray.  Without it you have to render the scene twice, once for
> create the image to put on the pigment from one camera location, then
> again to
> render the scene that contains the first.

the camera_view pigment is not nearly as versatile as being able to define
multiple scenes in one file, with which the camera_view pigment can be
emulated.

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;