POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : AVI woes : AVI woes Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  AVI woes
From: stbenge
Date: 21 May 2008 16:29:15
Message: <4834861b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

So I *finally* got around to obtaining a bmp->avi animation program by
the name of AviCreator. It's the one with a two-star rating at
povray.org's link section. Works fine, AFAICT, with 200x200 cyclic
animations running almost perfectly in Windows Media Player. The trouble
comes when I make a larger resolution animation, or compress one of any
size (saved as a WMF). Stuttering, jerky execution and slow looping are
the main problems plaguing these other animations.

Can anybody tell me why these problems are occurring? My system is
reasonably fast. My system is composed of a multi-core 2.4ghz CPU, 2gb
RAM, good nVidia card and Windows XP. An animation should run at
full-speed. DVDs work just fine. Do I need to convert the AVIs into
MPEGs or something? Somebody must have run into a similar problem...

Sam