POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paranoia? : Re: Paranoia? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paranoia?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 21 May 2008 15:43:44
Message: <48347b70@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> It's one of those "who the hell wrote this piece of... oh" moments

Hehe. I've had that.

Pulled out the list of worst performing procs from my server one day (top 10
CPU consumers)
I looked at the 3rd one down and saw it was pulling a lot of info from the
job history tables and in a really weird way (bitwise expressions and
strange conversions)
As I dug out the full script I muttered to myself, 'Which blithering idiot
wrote thi.... urrr. I did.'

Needless to say, it went straight onto the to-fix list.