POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paranoia? : Re: Paranoia? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paranoia?
From: Darren New
Date: 21 May 2008 14:35:47
Message: <48346b83$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> [I mean, realistically, what are the chances of two binary files being
> identical except for an extra few 0x0A bytes, all of which just happen
> to be prefixed by 0x0D bytes? Pretty small. But even so... EEEEK!!]

Unless you loaded it into an editor that converts line endings for you?
Or downloaded it via FTP in the wrong mode?

Lots of ways *that* can get screwed up.

And yes, I had the same problem I ran across in one of my programs. I
have no idea how it passed the tests in the previous version of Tcl I
was using and failed them now. It should have failed all along. (Create
a bunch of files. Delete some. Scan the results. You'd think the "are
the two different" would have failed when passed the "original" list
twice, yes? :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"